Israel VAT Refund
All prices in Israel include 17% VAT. All goods and services purchased by tourists in Eilat are exempt from V.A.T for everyone, including Israelis.
Tourists visiting Israel are entitled for a complete VAT refund for the following services:
- Accommodation (hotels, youth hostels, field schools and camping);
- Organized tours;
- Tourist car hire with driver-guide;
- Car rental;
- Domestic flights and tours;
- Meals provided by tour operators during organized tours;
- Meals eaten in hotel restaurants by guests (and included in hotel bill, paid in any currency including NIS).
In order to acquire the refund, the following procedure must be obtained:
- Look for the “tax refund” sticker on the business door or publications
- Ask for a VAT refund invoice – the invoice must be an official ChangePalce document, which Is the official VAT refund broker in Israel.
- At the airport VAT desk, show the original invoice, the green VAT tax form, and the goods you have purchased.
- At the end of the procedure, you will receive a cheque drawn in your favor which may be cached at the same day.
On each purchase exceeding $200 (including V.A.T.), the V.A.T. will be refunded upon presentation of the special invoice at the port of departure.
VAT Refund Commissions
Commissions Range from 4.8% to 15%, depending on the invoice total:
|Amount of purchase
(in $ with VAT)
|Amount of the VAT in the purchase
|The commission rate in each amount
More information on VAT refund in Israel:
Zero VAT Rate On Services Procured To Foreign Tourists – By the Israeli Ministry of Finance
Shopping in Israel – By the Israel ministry of tourism
Tax refund brochure (PDF) – By the Israel ministry of tourism
Change Place – Israel’s official Tax refund exchange